Friday, January 8, 2010

A Cruise for 2010 in My Imagination

After the holidays and during the long winter days ahead our thoughts may turn to the warmer climes of a Caribbean Cruise. Unfortunately I have never been on a cruise so this is how I imagine a cruise ship anchored in the harbor of a Caribbean island might look like at sunset. I like to dream sometimes don't you? Can you picture yourself enjoying the peaceful sunset from the deck with a cocktail in your hand. Ah-h, the good life, eh?

When I paint a scene like this it is like being there. Even if it's only in my imagination and what an imagination I have. If you only knew the things I can imagine. My entire life is but a dream. Just ask Nancy, my wife. I am a dreamer. I always have been and I always will be. Once when I was a young lad my mother sent me up to the grocery store just before dinner. When I didn't arrive home when I should (It was only a 1/2 block away in a small town) my dad came looking for me. He found me standing in front of a store window day dreaming away. I don't do that anymore - walk to the store I mean :-).

PS: "There is an occupation known as painting, which calls for imagination, and skill of hand, in order to discover things not seen, hiding themselves under the shadow of natural objects, and to fix them with the hand, presenting to plain sight what does not actually exist." (Cennino Cennini 1370-1440) I borrowed this from Robert Genn's Weekly Letter.

If you would like to be added to my Blog email list or have a comment please email me at ernie@erniekleven.com. Also please visit my website at http://www.erniekleven.com/ On the other hand if you wish to be removed from this list please reply with "Cancel" written in the subject line.





Free Web Counter